How to install ODude Profile Component?
- Date added:
- Sunday, 17 January 2010
- Last revised:
- Friday, 27 May 2011
Installing ODude Profile is as easy as other Joomla components.
Download the files you wish to install and upload it from your joomla administrator interface.
Check this URL for detail to install. This is same for all joomla extension including this. http://help.joomla.org/content/view/1685/151/
The standard installation and deinstallation of the component is covered in the official documentation available from joomla.org
1.1. To install the component call up the Joomla! administration interface.
1.2. Go to the component installation tab (Extensions -> Install / Uninstall).
1.3. Select the component file to be uploaded from your computer. Click "Upload File & Install"
1.4. Make sure no errors are reported during installation.
If there are errors please check that the following folders are accessible for writing and execution:
1.5. Installation is complete. The component is available from the main menu of the administration panel (Components -> ODude Profile).
- To display list of members set type as [Odude Profiles » Search] and access level [Public]
- To search members set type as [Odude Profiles » Advsearch] and access level [Public]
- To Invite Members (Follow & Followers) set type as [ODude Profiles » Invite Friends] and access level [Registered]
- To let users to edit their profile and picture set type as [Odude Profiles » Odudeprofile] and access level [Registered]
- Create 'My Private Page'
- Create 'My Profile Page'
- Create 'My Points Page'
- Click [components > Odude profile] and at the top right click [parameters] button. Set the desired setting and click on SAVE at least once to complete the installation.
To preview your ecards check your site with this url as below.